YOU Might Be Considered a Domestic Terrorist If This New Bill Passes
by Daisy Luther
When you hear the word “patriot” do you think of someone who stands for the national anthem, perhaps serves in the Armed Forces, and loves their country? Well, “patriot” may become a dirty word if the new Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act of 2018 becomes a law. (And it probably will – we’ve seen the
unPatriot Act and the NDAA repeatedly pass with little more than a rustle of dissent.)
Congress finds the following:
(1) White supremacists and other right-wing extremists are the most significant domestic terrorism threat facing the United States.
(2) An unclassified May 2017 joint intelligence bulletin from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security found that “white supremacist extremism poses [a] persistent threat of lethal violence,” and that White supremacists “were responsible for 49 homicides in 26 attacks from 2000 to 2016 … more than any other domestic extremist movement”.
And it’s true – we HAVE seen some horrible attacks on Muslims and people of color and those should be denounced.
But…what about Antifa? There is absolutely no mention of that group in the bill and they’ve wrought havoc all over the country, attacking anyone whom they suspected to be on the “other side”, causing exorbitant property damage, and promoting violence as necessary. The FBI and Homeland Security have both identified Antifa as domestic terrorists, yet they are conveniently exempt from mention in this bill.
The bill cites unreliable and biased sources.
And the most astounding thing is who they cite to do so. An excellent and thorough report on the Free Thought Project website explains.
The bill goes on further to credit the Southern Poverty Law Center—a group who makes hundreds of millions of dollars selling hate by labeling anyone they disagree with politically as a hate group…
…As Reason’s John Stossel pointed out recently, “SPLC once fought useful fights. They took on the Ku Klux Klan. But now they go after people on the right with whom they disagree.”
They are also making a killing while doing it.
Morris Dees, SPLC’s co-founder, promised to stop fundraising once his endowment hit $55 million. But when he reached $55 million, he upped the bar to $100 million, saying that would allow them “to cease costly fundraising.” But again, when they reached $100 million, they didn’t stop. Now they have $320 million—a large chunk of which is kept in offshore accounts. Really. It’s on their tax forms.
What is particularly disturbing about the SPLC is the fact that they fail to make any mention of openly violent and hateful group whose been caught time and again laying waste to property and innocent people with whom they disagree.
As Stossel points out:
In return for those donations to SPLC, the world gets a group that now lists people like Ben Carson and Fox commentators Laura Ingraham, Judge Andrew Napolitano and Jeanine Pirro as extremists—but doesn’t list the leftist militant hate groups known as antifa. (source)
Ben Carson? Judge Napolitano? Come on. That’s got to be a joke.
There’s a lot of recent history of demonization.
And that demonization isn’t just far-right, alt-right groups, and white supremacist groups. It’s veterans. Libertarians. People who support the Constitution as the governing document of our nation. It’s Christians and people with conservative beliefs. Basically, it’s anyone who questions the extreme left.
Most of the people in this group are decent people who don’t hate everyone of other races. We don’t intend to start militias to take out the Muslims in our neighborhoods. We want to get along and be free to believe as we believe. We aren’t rabidly frothing at the mouth in our bunkers, just waiting to light up the next SWAT team that happens by with a homemade RPG while wearing kitchen tile body armor.
But, as journalist Matt Agorist, an honorably discharged veteran of the USMC and former intelligence operator, points out, it’s becoming positively Orwellian. He shares these examples:
Most people who question the state do so out of a desire to prevent death, not foster it. People who questioned the narrative of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq did so because they wanted to prevent a war in which many would die. However, they were labeled as kooks and conspiracy theorists by the establishment—despite being proven right years later…
…A police sergeant in Morgan County, Indiana admitted in May of 2014 that his department had obtained an armored vehicle in part because of returning military veterans were deemed domestic terror threats by Homeland Security in 2009.
In August of 2013, Concord, New Hampshire Police Chief John Duval secretly contacted Homeland Security and demanded an armored vehicle due to the alleged “threat” posed by peaceful libertarians.
The MIAC Report, a federal training document famously presented to Missouri police in 2009, went as far as falsely tying supporters of former Presidential Candidate Ron Paul and the Constitution to “extremist groups” as well.
There are many more examples of demonization. I’ve been writing about it for years. Like when a police drill back in 2013 focused on fighting off angry armed parents laying siege to a school to get to their children. And how everyone conservative or libertarian is a budding domestic terrorist. Or when a police chief warned that anyone who is a “gun enthusiast” should be reported to the cops.
The media loves finding nutty survivalists committing crimes so they can paint us all with the same demented brush. For example, after the Boston Marathon Bombing, the media blatantly speculated that “patriots” blew up the runners.
And really, these are just a drop in the bucket. Loving liberty is a crime and you’re guilty without a trial in the eyes of the media and the establishment.
What’s your Domestic Terror Score?
Back in 2012, the FBI told us how to identify the extremist next door with a helpful list.
Give yourself 1 point for each of these. If you score one point, you’re clearly a terrorist waiting to strike. You might be a Patriot Extremist if…
- ……. you pay for your coffee with cash
- ……. you purchase storage containers and hydrogen peroxide at the same time.
- ……. you use portals or anonymizers to shield your IP address.
- ……. you shave off your beard or otherwise change your appearance before participating in paintball.
- …….. you incorporate hand-to-hand combat into your martial arts training. (Did this suddenly become a non-contact sport?)
- ……. you carry a backpack when you go to the mall, especially in warm weather.
- ……. you own a gas mask or other biologically protective gear.
- ……. you have left the country to perform charity work, particularly if it was religious in nature.
- ……. you rent a boat for an extended period of time.
- ……. you purchase a GPS device and batteries at the same time.
- ……. you behave impatiently at the farm supply store.
- ……. you deposit money orders, third-party checks, and payroll checks all into the same bank account.
- ……. you purchase firearms and ammunition outside of hunting season.
- ……. you make a large purchase from a retail store using cash.
- ……. you ask for a room in a specific or remote part of a hotel or motel.
- ……. you use a camera or video recorder at a bus, subway or train station.
- ……. you purchase water-proofed match containers.
- ……. you ask about the fuel capacity of a car you intend to rent.
- ……. you pay your rent in cash, especially if you pay it ahead of time.
- ……. you are either late paying the rent for your storage unit or you pay for several months in advance.
- ……. you get a tattoo in a concealed spot on your body, particularly if you pay cash for it.
Whoops! I scored 16. How about you?
I guess this means we’re ALL potential domestic terrorists, right?
What are your thoughts on this?
Share you Domestic Terror Score and let me know what you think of this new bill.
About the Author
Please feel free to share any information from this site in part or in full, leaving all links intact, giving credit to the author and including a link to this website and the following bio. **************************** Daisy Luther is a coffee-swigging, gun-toting blogger who writes about current events, preparedness, frugality, voluntaryism, and the pursuit of liberty on her website, The Organic Prepper. She is widely republished across alternative media and she curates all the most important news links on her aggregate site, PreppersDailyNews.com. Daisy is the best-selling author of 4 books and lives in the mountains of Virginia with her two daughters and an ever-growing menagerie. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.