Autumn Garden Stew
- 4 pounds of stew beef, cut into cubes
- 4-6 cups (total)of cubed potatoes, parsnips, turnips and/or rutabaga (any ratio)
- 2 cups of carrot rounds
- 3 cups of finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
- 8 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of rubbed thyme
- ½ tbsp. marjoram
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 MSG-free beef bouillon cubes (optional)
- In a stockpot, combine the ingredients for your liquid and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, layer meat and vegetables into your sanitized jars in the order listed above.
- Pour the hot liquid over the layered meat and vegetables.
- Lid your jars and process them in your p-canner for 90 minutes at 10 pounds of pressure. Be sure to adjust for altitude.