Survival Saturday is a round-up of the week’s news and resources for folks who are interested in being prepared.
This Week in the News
This week, Wikileaks Edition of Survival Saturday focuses on Julian Assange, his team, and the secrets that they are telling. Assange is in a fight for his life right now, and he’s still dropping truth bombs on a daily basis in an attempt to show Americans the political system as it really is.
We all need to think about preparing for an uncertain future. The world is in a state of upheaval and the headlines are positively frenetic. If you aren’t prepped, these resources can help you get ready quickly:
- The Prepper’s Blueprint
- The Prepper’s Water Survival Guide
- The Pantry Primer: A Prepper’s Guide to Whole Food on a Half-Price Budget
- Hormone Free Dry Milk (Milk is one of the first things people run out of during an emergency)
- How to Build a 30-Day Food Supply…Fast
- A Quick-Start Guide for Preppers Who Want to Be Ready RIGHT NOW
- Premium 1440 Serving Package
Who else wonders how Ecuador was persuaded to switch off Julian Assange’s internet?
Assange has been harbored inside the Ecuadoran Embassy since August of 2012, when they granted him asylum. Up until now, they have allowed him to do his thing, unfettered, until just last week. The very fact that the Embassy pointed out they did not bow to foreign government pressure probably means they did.
Although it has been denied, Wikileaks tweeted that John Kerry asked the Ecuador government to switch off the internet in order to prevent any more damning evidence of why Hillary Clinton should not become president. (Note that the Tweets in this post are screenshots instead of being embedded – after all that has gone on, I don’t really trust that their Tweets will always be available.) Obviously, this has been emphatically denied by both sides.
Ecuador said that the internet connection that Assange uses has been “temporarily disconnected” because the Wikileaks dumps were having a major effect on the upcoming presidential election. (source)
Which was kind of the point.
I guess it’s only okay to influence the election if your last name rhymes with Muckerburg or if you are a member of the mainstream media.
Then there’s the fact that Ecuador is known for political corruption, how very ironic they should state they can’t condone any actions that can affect the presidential election.
Ecuador has laws and regulations to combat official corruption, but they appear to be inadequately enforced. Illicit payments for official favors and theft of public funds take place frequently. Dispute settlement procedures are complicated by the lack of transparency and inefficiency in the judicial system. In addition, there are frequent allegations by the private sector that local authorities may demand “gratuities” to issue necessary permits.(source)
Makes taking their reasoning for the cut-off a bit suspect don’t you think? Yeah, me too.
CNN explains that it’s actually illegal to read Wikileaks.
Clinton’s own outlet, CNN (Clinton News Network) provided us all with a public service announcement this week, dispensing the legal advice that you’d better not be reading Wikileaks unless you’re a member of the media.
“Also interesting is, remember, it’s illegal to possess these stolen documents. It’s different for the media. So everything you learn about this, you’re learning from us.”
Don’t take it from me. Take it from legal wizard extraordinaire Chris Cuomo.
The lowlights thus far from the 25,000 Podesta emails.
The 14th Wikileaks Podesta data dump brings the total number of emails released so far up to 25,000, leaving us to wonder, did that Podesta guy have time to actually do anything else? He was certainly a prolific emailer. RT has the highlights of the latest leak.
For a refresher on each of the previous batches of emails the Russian government news agency Sputnik has the rundown here.
Here are some of the most important things that have emerged (the links are clickable for more information on each):
- The definite link between the Clinton campaign and what MSM is allowed to say.
- The DNC screwed Bernie Sanders out of the nomination (Bonus: Wikileaks also released some of the DNC’s voicemails on the topic).
- That the shadow government really exists and that Hillary’s job is to keep George Soros happy
- Excerpts from her speeches to Wall Street read like a guide to two-faced treachery
- Donna Brazile gave Hillary the questions in advance for her “impromptu” CNN Town Hall questions
- The campaign got to “approve” articles in publications like NY Times, HuffPo, CNN, NBC, CBS, NYT, MSNBC, and Politico
- How Hillary really feels about us all (spoiler: basket of deplorables, basement dwellers and right wing conspirators)
bribespay-for-play that Hillary accepted via the Clinton Foundation
bribespay-for-play that the Clinton campaign has taken.
Here’s a great video by my friends from Truthstream Media with even more revelations.
Wikileaks says they have 50,000 of Podesta’s private emails.If they keep releasing them in batches, there’s a distinct possibility that we will get some on election day itself.
I wonder if Wikileaks is keeping the best for last?
The desperate attempt to silence Julian Assange
The efforts to shut up Assange have led all sorts of ugly places. If you can’t drone him (like Hillary Clinton suggested), then frame him and accuse him of pedophilia. Wikileaks has provided a timeline and supporting links for the sustained efforts to discredit Assange.
- May, when self-claimed dating agency “ToddAndClare” (T&C) approach saying they were contacted by the Russian government.
- Sep 3, T&C email Assange’s Swedish lawyer Per Samuelson offering one million dollars for Assange to appear in a video advertisement for the “dating agency” ToddAndClare.com (See attachment). This is the first contact.
- Sep 15, email sent from a member of Mr. Assange’s defence team to [email protected] requesting further details (See attachment).
- Sep 19, [email protected] email with elaborate bonafides, proposed agreement and the claim that the source of the US$1 million is the Russian government. The email states that T&C was approached by Russian representatives in May 2016 and that “The source of the $1,000,000 is the Russian government”. The email then goes on to “verify” bonafides by giving a detailed description of the interior of the house and desk of Mr Assange’s lawyer, Helena Kennedy, who is a member of the UK Parliament, including a reference to a photo of Tony Blair (Kennedy states that the Blair reference is accurate, although out-of-date).
- Sep 20, a representative of Mr Assange’s defence team writes to [email protected] stating that the proposal appears to be an “elaborate scam designed to entrap Mr Assange’s reputation into unwanted and unwarranted publicity”.
- Sep 21, [email protected] writes stating that “The offer expires at midnight, October 31st 2016.”
- Late Sep, WikiLeaks announces a press conference for Oct 4 for its ten year anniversary.
- Late Sep, Press widely misreport that WikiLeaks is going to launch its “October Suprise” against Hillary Clinton on 4 October, misinterpreting its press conference call
- Oct 4, T&C files its “Assange pedophile” libel through the UN’s Global Compact system, alleging that there is an active criminal investigation in the Bahamas against Julian Assange for the abuse of an eight year old girl and claiming to have chat logs and photos. The allegation appears on the UN website with a UN Gobal Compact letterhead and is contextualised with a complex backstory. The request targets the UN WGAD (part of the UN Human Rights system) which found that Mr Assange is being illegally detained by the United Kingdom and Sweden.
- Oct 4, T&C files claim through the UK courts, apparently using it as a method to place the pedophile accusation into the public record (See attachment).
- Oct 4, WikiLeaks holds a press conference, where it becomes clear that its publishing of Clinton-related documents will occur later.
- Oct 5, T&C’s UK court claim arrives at Ecuadorian embassy in London
- Oct 7, WikiLeaks commenses its release of the Podesta Emails
- Oct 11, T&C pushes out its Assange pedophile claim through the PRWeb newswire service.
- Oct 12, UN Global Compact delists T&C, citing “integrity” issues.
- Oct 12, T&C issues a press release opposing the UN delisting with an elaborate story, claiming that Julian Assange is threatening US citizens (T&C).
- Oct 17, Investigative report into Toddandclare.com prepared for Mr Assange’s lawyers is concluded, finding “T&C Network Solutions exhibits the characteristics of a highly suspicious and likely fabricated business entity” (See attachment “FINAL REPORT T&C 17 Oct 2016”).
- Oct 18, The pedophile part of the plot is launched through US Democrat-aligned website DailyKos and pushed by pro-Clinton twitter accounts.
Now, I’m no stranger to the tinfoil, but this seems to me the most blatant attempt to discredit someone that I’ve ever seen. The timing is quite the coincidence, don’t you think? For more Assange, here are some of the conspiracy theories that have been going ’round the internet lately.
Assange has made some incredibly powerful enemies. His longevity is far from certain.
And then there was that day that the US internet got hacked.
First, there was this tweet by Wikileaks, which was pinned on Twitter all day.
The “police” presence apparently began to amass earlier this week just as Wikileaks confirmed that the Ecuadorian had agreed to cut Julian Assange’s internet access after a little political pressure from John Kerry…and as an allegedly bogus plot, with links to the Clinton campaign, was revealed that attempted to link Julian Assange to a pedophilia ring.
Shortly after the Tweet appeared, the internet went down over much of the United States. Dozens of websites such as Twitter, Reddit, Amazon, Netflix, the New York Times and Spotify, as well as general internet service in certain areas of the country, were all down for part of the day (the entire list is at this link). A DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack was blamed for the outage.
Ironically, NorseCorp, the company that has the real-time cyber attack map, was also down for most of the day.
This happened not once, but twice. The FBI and the DHS are investigating the cyber attack so I’m sure we’ll get the *truth* soon. Rumors abound, including blaming Russia (of course, and after VP Biden’s idiotic threat to cyber attack them, could you really blame them?), that it was our own government hoping to cover up some even they’d like to distract us from, or, interestingly, that it was a hacker group who did this in defense of Julian Assange. (Wikileaks seems to think that too – see the screenshot below of their Tweet.)
But…another group altogether has taken credit for the massive hack. SHTFplan reports that this is the beginning of WW3 – which could be fought online:
A hacking collective calling itself “New World Hackers” are taking credit – and they are based out of Russia and China, so there is little doubt that it will fuel the narrative for more war, tighter security and an age of online instability as the new world (where the dollar is no longer king) is sorted out.
New World Hackers responded to a request for an interview with Anon Intel Group. Their message to the world? “Stay educated.”
This Week on The Organic Prepper…
- Are You Baking Your Own Bread? It’s Easier Than You Think!
- How I Left the 9-5 Rat Race to Work from Home in My PJs
- Moisturizer: A Lifesaving (Yes, Really!) Stockpile Item That Most Preppers Forget
Anything to add to Survival Saturday?
What do you think of Assange and Wikileaks? Love him or hate him? Why? Share your opinion and any supporting links in the comments below! Please join the discussion!
Daisy Luther is a coffee-swigging, adventure-seeking, globe-trotting blogger. She is the founder and publisher of three websites. 1) The Organic Prepper, which is about current events, preparedness, self-reliance, and the pursuit of liberty; 2) The Frugalite, a website with thrifty tips and solutions to help people get a handle on their personal finances without feeling deprived; and 3) PreppersDailyNews.com, an aggregate site where you can find links to all the most important news for those who wish to be prepared. Her work is widely republished across alternative media and she has appeared in many interviews.
Daisy is the best-selling author of 5 traditionally published books, 12 self-published books, and runs a small digital publishing company with PDF guides, printables, and courses at Learn.TheOrganicPrepper.com You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Gab, MeWe, Parler, Instagram, and Twitter.
Keep the info coming. I am sure glad that Assange is on our side. The left has to be exposed. And yes politics has everything to do with prepping.
Great Story. This will help those still blind to the corruption see a little clearer; https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/10/john-w-whitehead/silent-coup/
The greatest enemies the people of the world face are the 3 governments of Washington DC and Wall street New York.
If people are not prepared they have little time left to become more prepared. Your website and others help immensely.