A Quick-Start Guide to Handling a Power Outage Like a Boss
by Daisy Luther
What’s the most common event most of us have to deal with, at least on a short-term basis? Power outages! Not only do they happen alone, but an extended blackout often follows many other major disasters.
Whether it’s caused by high winds, ice on the power lines, an earthquake, a hurricane, or a car accident, a power outage has the potential to be uncomfortable and inconvenient in the best case. During extreme situations or for those with serious health conditions, a blackout can even be deadly.
You don’t need to be a “Doomsday Prepper” to get ready for a blackout.
This event is such a regular one that it is only common sense to get prepared for it. I’ve written dozens of articles about the different facets of power outages and covered all sorts of topics:
- Why everyone should get prepped for a two-week power outage
- What to drink if the water isn’t running
- What to eat (and how to cook) when the power is out
- Sanitation when the toilet won’t flush
- How to stay occupied (and keep the kiddos entertained)
- Dealing with hot weather or cold weather power outages
- How to prep for special needs like family members with medical conditions, pets, babies, etc.
- What to keep in your home medical kit
- Where to put all this stuff
- What to do if you waited until the very last minute to get supplies
It was so much information that I decided to put it all together into one friendly, approachable PDF book. It’s a true quick-start guide to handling a power outage like a boss and it will be helpful to both beginners and those with a bit more experience.
This weekend, the price is $5.49. You can order your copy here: https://learn.theorganicprepper.com/?cartflows_flow=1612Order THE BLACKOUT BOOK for $5.49
Why is it a PDF if it’s about power outages?
I’m glad you asked. It may seem kind of weird that this book is in PDF format when the whole thing is about knowing what to do when the grid is down.
The reason I do these books in PDF format is plain and simple: MONEY.
I can sell them very inexpensively because I don’t have materials costs. You can buy them for a song and then the choice is yours – you have options.
- Because it’s a PDF you can pick and choose the pages you print off and place in your preparedness binder. If you live in a hot climate and you don’t need the section on cold weather power outages, you don’t need to bother with it.
- You can take notes in your binder of the things that are the most important out of the book
- You can email the PDF to your local Staples or Office Max and print it off for as little as 2 cents per page (prices vary in different locations, so call ahead – let them know it’s black and white)
- You can save it to a device for which you have a solar charger or battery backup
- You can use it ahead of time to put together the supplies you’ll need and get things organized.
Honestly, it’s all about money. I want to be able to make this information affordable to everybody. While I have published some hard copy books on Amazon in the past, I really prefer to keep things small and personal.
Get The Blackout Book today.
This weekend, the introductory price is only $5.49
It’s a friendly book with a little bit of humor mixed in. It’s not one bit intimidating for those who may be new at the whole emergency preparedness thing.Order THE BLACKOUT BOOK for $10
Be on the lookout for an email from SendOwl – this will contain your download links. If you don’t get it within 10 minutes, drop me an email at daisyluther2 at gmail dot com and I’ll get that fixed for you.
PS: You’ll also be offered a mini-library of 6 more books at check-out. If you just want The Blackout Book, simply click “no thanks” at the bottom of the screen. If you want to take advantage of this amazing offer, click yes, please and you’ll get download links for all seven books – it’s a steal of a deal!
Thanks for your support of this website! It means the world to me and helps me to keep providing free information every single day. I have, without a doubt, the best audience on the internet.
About the Author
Daisy Luther is a coffee-swigging, globe-trotting blogger. She is the founder and publisher of three websites. 1) The Organic Prepper, which is about current events, preparedness, self-reliance, and the pursuit of liberty on her website, 2) The Frugalite, a website with thrifty tips and solutions to help people get a handle on their personal finances without feeling deprived, and 3) PreppersDailyNews.com, an aggregate site where you can find links to all the most important news for those who wish to be prepared. She is widely republished across alternative media and Daisy is the best-selling author of 5 traditionally published books and runs a small digital publishing company with PDF guides, printables, and courses. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Gab, MeWe, Parler, Instagram, and Twitter.