The Pantry Primer: Grocery Outlet Victory
By Daisy Luther
Imagine my delight when I saw a sign that said, “Grocery Store Clearance Outlet”.
Those words in combination made my little prepper’s heart go “pitter patter”.
We actually had to go up to the next exit and then turn around to come back to stop at the store, but the detour was well worth it! I walked in and I think I heard harps playing, angels singing, and all that good stuff when I saw the bare concrete floors and the sky-high piles of cans and boxes. The warehouse-style organization generally means excellent prices and we were not disappointed. Best of all, this is fairly near my daughter’s new school so I can drop in once a week without a big detour.
Today’s Shopping Trip
- 3 boxes of graham crackers $1.49 ea
- 2 boxes of organic whole grain and chive crackers $1.49 ea
- 2 cans of organic black beans $1 ea
- 2 cans of organic butternut squash puree $1 ea
- 4 pounds of dried beans $2.09
- 1 pound of organic turbinado sugar $2.99
- 2 packs of organic blue corn taco shells $1.49 ea
- 2 squeeze bottles of olive oil mayo .47 ea
- 1 bottle of bbq sauce $1
- 1 jar of peanut butter $1.79
- 1 gigantic canister of saltine crackers $2.47
- 2 cans of organic mixed vegetables $0.79 ea
- 10 pounds of flour $3.99
TODAY’S TOTAL WITH TAX: $32.02
GRAND TOTAL THUS FAR: $65.74
Want to learn more? My new book is now available!
Lots of us like to have hard copies of information that we’ve found helpful. Because of this, I’ve expanded on the information included in this series and put it all in one handy primer, available on Amazon.
In case you missed them, here are all of the articles in this series:
About the Author
Daisy Luther is a coffee-swigging, gun-toting blogger who writes about current events, preparedness, frugality, voluntaryism, and the pursuit of liberty on her website, The Organic Prepper. She is widely republished across alternative media and she curates all the most important news links on her aggregate site, PreppersDailyNews.com. Daisy is the best-selling author of 4 books and lives in the mountains of Virginia with her two daughters and an ever-growing menagerie. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.