The Essential Prepper’s Library: 30 Books Every Prepared Family Should Own
By Daisy Luther
Preppers tend to be relatively old-fashioned, and one thing that most of us have in common is a yen to own physical copies of information that we find valuable.
There are tons of other great books out there, so if your favorite isn’t included on the list, that doesn’t mean that I found anything wrong with it. The following list is of the books that I personally own and have found to be valuable.
(Note: Due to shameless self-promotion, my own books are on the list and marked with a *.)
When I first started this list back in 2014, there were only 15 books on it. But, as I read new books, I thought it was time for an update. Here are the 30 preparedness books that I recommend that you all have in your personal libraries.
- Be Ready for Anything*
- The Prepper’s Blueprint
- Prepper’s Long-Term Survival Guide
- Urban Emergency Survival Plan
- SAS Survival Handbook (This is the perfect size to slip into a purse, backpack, or glovebox)
- Prepper’s Survival Hacks
- Handbook to Practical Disaster Preparedness for the Family
- Survival Theory
- Prepper’s Natural Medicine
- The Survival Medicine Handbook
- When There Is No Doctor
- Where There Is No Dentist
- Prepping for a Pandemic
- Alton’s Antibiotic and Infectious Disease
- The Encyclopedia of Country Living
- Tools for Survival
- The Backyard Homestead
- Bushcraft 101
- The Complete Tightwad Gazette
Home and Personal Defense
- Prepper’s Home Defense
- Contact: A Tactical Manual for Post-Collapse Survival
- Prepper’s Armed Defense
- Rapid Fire: Tactics for High Threat, Protection, and Combat Operations
What’s in your library?
Do you have these books? Do you also recommend them? What books would you add to the list?
About the Author
Daisy Luther is a coffee-swigging, gun-toting blogger who writes about current events, preparedness, frugality, voluntaryism, and the pursuit of liberty on her website, The Organic Prepper. She is widely republished across alternative media and she curates all the most important news links on her aggregate site, PreppersDailyNews.com. Daisy is the best-selling author of 4 books and lives in the mountains of Virginia with her two daughters and an ever-growing menagerie. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.