For Sale: 3 Bedroom Prepper Fortress, Moat Not Included
By Daisy Luther
Did you ever wish that you could relocate to a fortress in which you could wait out the Zombie Apocalypse? Well, for the mere price of $649,000, a fortress can be yours. The 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom home is on 4 wooded acres.
On the market in Yelm, Washington, is a prepper castle waiting for a family of survival-minded people. Sadly, there’s no moat, but there is a little pond in the back.
Yelm, according to Wikipedia, is a city in Thurston County with a population of 6,848
Do you want to prep but you’re not sure how to get started?
Which Prepping Intensive Course Is Right For Me?
We can help. Go on over to Preppers University and check out our Prepping Intensive course. And if you’ve been at this for a while and want to take your preparedness to the next level, check out our 6-Week Advanced Prepping Intensive.
The home boasts of just about everything a prepper could want:
- The walls are made from fire-proof concrete, poured 2 feet thick. This moderates the temperature and protects the occupants from all but the very heaviest of artillery.
- The house is ready to function off grid, should the need arise.
- The crenalations on the roof look like excellent places from which to defend the castle.
- The basement is protected by a Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical filter, keeping occupants safe in the event of a nuclear attack, a deadly pandemic, or biological warfare.
- The basement has bunkrooms for sleeping, in the event the family needs to hunker down.
- Small windows would make the home difficult to breach.
The pantry in the basement is so lovely that we stockpile-minded folks could probably write poetry to it. (Although in a castle, I think the proper term is “larder”.)
For your pre-apocalypse needs, the home’s interior is filled with lovely touches, like arched doorways, a copper sink in the chef’s kitchen, and a large, rustic fireplace.
A girl can dream, right? If you happen to have more money kicking around than I do, you can find the listing HERE.
About the Author
Daisy Luther is a coffee-swigging, gun-toting blogger who writes about current events, preparedness, frugality, voluntaryism, and the pursuit of liberty on her website, The Organic Prepper. She is widely republished across alternative media and she curates all the most important news links on her aggregate site, PreppersDailyNews.com. Daisy is the best-selling author of 4 books and lives in the mountains of Virginia with her two daughters and an ever-growing menagerie. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.