What to Buy at the After-Christmas Sales
by Daisy Luther
Want to add to your prepper stockpile, save some money throughout the year, and put back a few things for the next holiday season? Hit the post-Christmas sales.
You’ll find all sorts of things on clearance right now and you may be able to be halfway finished with next year’s shopping before 2020 even rolls around.
Here are some deals to look for.
Prepper stuff at post-Christmas sales
There is lots of stuff that could pull double duty for preppers on sale right now.
- Holiday-themed napkins
- Holiday-themed paper plates
- Plastic cutlery
- Holiday-themed plastic tablecloths (good for keeping surfaces clean when processing a lot of food)
- Mason jars
- Battery-operated LED candle lights
- Holiday-themed solar lights
- Baking supplies
- Aluminum foil
- Parchment paper
- Any Christmas themed food
- String lights (solar if you can find them)
Start a gift closet
This might be the time to start that gift closet you keep planning on buying. If you have an assortment of unopened gifts stashed away, you’ll be able to buy them at a fraction of the price you’d pay when someone’s birthday rolls around.
Sometimes all they need is a little bit of clever repackaging to be appropriate for other gift-giving occasions.
- Bath product baskets
- Face masks
- Stocking stuffers (these often work in Easter baskets)
- Potpourri kits
- Craft supplies
- Crafting kits
- Cosmetic kits
- Mini-tool kits
The sky is the limit – you don’t even necessarily have to have a person in mind for the stuff you stash away.
Frugal items to buy after Christmas
After the holidays, there are many things that can be repurposed and pressed into everyday use.
- Linens – go for simple red or green designs to mix and match with what you already have
- Kitchen supplies like serving dishes, glassware, and barware
- Throw blankets
- Neutral gift wrap, bows, tissue, and bags – as long as you don’t put green tissue in the red bag, you can use that bag to hold a gift for Valentine’s day or for a young superhero. Winter scenes and neutrals are all-purpose as well
- Winter clothing
- Baking supplies and tools
- Cosmetic sets for yourself
- Winter-themed wreaths and decor
- Video games
- Ziplock bags
- Food storage containers
- Pet toys and treats
- Seasonal foods like peppermint and eggnog flavored things
Get a jump start on next Christmas
You can get some holiday goods for as much as 90% off. Go early for the best selection.
- Holiday gift wrap, bags, and bows
- Christmas decorations
- Christmas craft supplies
- Gift tags
- Artificial Christmas trees
- Holiday-themed bathroom and kitchen linens
- Christmas sweaters and clothing
- Holiday books
- Stocking stuffers for next Christmas
- Next year’s Christmas cards
What do you buy after Christmas?
The list above is certainly not comprehensive so I need your help!
Do you have anything special you like to stock up on after Christmas? What do you look for when you hit the sales? Let me know in the comments!
Daisy Luther is a coffee-swigging, globe-trotting blogger who writes about current events, preparedness, frugality, voluntaryism, and the pursuit of liberty on her website, The Organic Prepper. She is widely republished across alternative media and she curates all the most important news links on her aggregate site, PreppersDailyNews.com. Daisy is the best-selling author of 4 books and runs a small digital publishing company. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
About the Author
Daisy Luther is a coffee-swigging, gun-toting blogger who writes about current events, preparedness, frugality, voluntaryism, and the pursuit of liberty on her website, The Organic Prepper. She is widely republished across alternative media and she curates all the most important news links on her aggregate site, PreppersDailyNews.com. Daisy is the best-selling author of 4 books and lives in the mountains of Virginia with her two daughters and an ever-growing menagerie. You can find her on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.